Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Volcano

People see me from far away,
I am a rock reaching to the sky!
Tall and stable, firm and cool...
I am a mountain, I stand alone!

They don't see past the surface.
They see snow and plantlife,
They see a place to build and control.
What they don't see is the heat.

They don't see my connection
To the core of the world,
They don't see my anger welling
But they may feel me quake...

They ask questions like "how's that for you?"
They have no idea the degree of pain
No understanding of my choices,
Only judgement based on the lies handed down

I'm a rock, a mountain covered with snow...
Cool and stable for those depending on me...
But my whole life is about to blow apart,
And it's way, way past time for that.

So give me the evil eye if you wish to,
Tell yourself another lie if it suits you,
But don't blame me when you are forced to see,
The thing you rooted for was such evil to me.

2 comments:

beardysanchez said...

So many people dont see beyond the surface. people often dont want to look

Also we can be devilishly good at hiding what goes on undeneath until the lava pours forth!!

let rip and get rid of the evil

Hope said...

That's a hard one... you have to be close to someone to be able to feel safe to reveal what's inside of you, and vice versa.

Then there are those who will tell you that you should just ignore it and trust that it won't cause a problem for you... insisting that a mountain is a mountain regardless of what's inside, and should act accordingly or face unmerciful judgement.