Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Stepping stones

All the yesterdays, good and bad,
All the joy and pain we have had,
Every minute that tick-tocked by,
Every season, each day and night,
Are what brought us here, all the way,
To this very moment on this very day.

A road of pain and sorrow I have travelled,
Watching in horror as my dreams unravelled,
Watching my barn burn right to the ground,
And after all that, this is what I've found:
Every moment of pain, it wasn't known-
Each tear, every prayer, was a stepping stone

Just another, yet another step in time
To get me to where I am, here with you,
To bring me to the joy that was worth it all...
And here we are, a warm embrace,
Looking into the deep sea of your eyes...
Having grown and discovered life, this surprise-
A true love with a strong foundation...
The stepping stones lead me right up to you.
All the yesterdays, all the pain and sorrows,
Are measures against the joy of all our tomorrows,
And I will savor each one...

3 comments:

beardysanchez said...

Looking forward to finding out wherethem stepping stones are leading!!

Really like the new image. Is that you i see looking great?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hope said...

Thanks!

Yes the picture is me this past February.