Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Taking Action

Dirt falls, dirt falls, and then some more,
Over the stuff I don't want to explore
If I bury it here, I'll be alright,
I'll feel okay with my pain out of sight.

Sweep, sweep, sweep it under the rug,
But there's a lump growing, too much to lug.
If it's swept aside, the wrong done goes away
Sweep it under here, and face another day.

Splash, Splash, kerplunk, there it all goes,
The non-action got dumped in the lake
The fish may die and the earth may quake,
But if it's under water, it'll be gone from sight,
And that will make it, that'll make it alright.

Shhhh! Don't tell about the death in the closet,
Better to pretend that we have never met,
Don't discuss it or someone will get upset,
Keep the body in the closet and don't dare tell!

...Um, I don't think I'll consent to this hell.

Better to do the work and deal with the pain.
Better to take a loss to be able to gain,
Better to clean that muck from under the rug
Better to repair the hole I dug,
Better to excavate the lake and deal,
Deal with the blame right at my heals,
Better to call authorities about the closet,
And accept what ever blame I may get...

At least I won't have a dead guy in my closet,
murdered fish in my lake, a lump in my floor,
or burried pain to come back to haunt me...
You can't force me your way any more,
I insist!
.....I
..........WILL
.......................BE
................................FREE!

1 comment:

beardysanchez said...

You are free. Maybe a little more cleaning to do as well!