Saturday, March 08, 2008

We're doing the right thing...

You're here but you're gone...
You're working on moving on.


We're both hurting in Limbo
Waiting for the time you go.

My heart reaches for you,
My body too...

But I try to hold back
So you don't feel attacked.

Love isn't enough to keep us together,
It is the core but too much of the other,

You say it's for the best and I know it is,
But it's your skin and your touch I'll miss.

I still love you and my heart is broken,
As is yours- so you've spoken...

Our hands both naked without a ring,
But we're doing the right thing...

It's for the best and it's the right thing...
Though it hurts to my very soul.

1 comment:

beardysanchez said...

HOPE

This really strikes a chord

"My heart reaches for you,
My body too...

But I try to hold back"

I read this and instantly my heart remembered exactly that feeling