Friday, March 28, 2008

Waiting for the Spring~

The night has leached out all my strength
I finally drift off on the ocean of my tears
Only to wake again as the lack of your body
Crashes into me with the coolness of the night...

I shiver as the marrow in my bones turns to ice
And desperately chase the sleep that eludes me.
Can't drown in this sadness- I need to be strong.
I am torn between wanting you and the need to move on.

There's nothing that will numb my aching heart,
No choice but to feel this to the full, the tears spill out.
Oh this is my time of weakness- alone and cold
Wishing to be beyond longing for your warmth-

I guess this is the winter in the season of my grief,
The night stole my strength and punctured my heart
In this deep of darkness, hope is far out of sight...
But the dawn will arrive before forever comes to pass.

Before I know it, the light will reveal new blossoms
Everywhere I'll smell the fragrance of blooming Hope
And Peace will flow through me like a bubbling brook
Once again I'll see the healing Light and hurt no more.

1 comment:

beardysanchez said...

This is a great piece of work

Bravo. Spring is round the corner