Monday, March 10, 2008

If Only We Were Perfect for Each Other...

If I had been perfect for you and you for me,

This is how I imagine it would be:



You:

You would treat me like a queen.

Without being asked you'd help me clean,

You'd really listen when I speak,

And hear me out on what I think.

You would support the decisions I make,

When it comes to my kids and the steps I take.

You'd make efforts to ensure I feel free,

To do what I want and feel I need.

You'd trust me to be yours alone,

And know I'd never wreck our home.

You'd love me for who I am each day,

And you'd be positive in what you say.



Me:

I would treat you like a king,

Come home from work, cook and clean,

Smile and never ever be mad,

Put off frustration- just be glad.

I'd do everything you'd tell me to,

Exacty the way you asked me to.

I'd encourage you to go and be free,

Do what you enjoy and feel you need...

I'd trust you to tell the truth to me,
And know you only act faithfully.

I'd understand everything you'd say,

And always respect you for feeling that way.


(Sob)..........................................(Sob)
If only, if only things................ had been different

If we were perfect for each...........other, we would get along,

We'd hold one another......and together be strong-

We didn't do that and now......it's all gone wrong.

No longer to each......other do we belong.

All thats left is......sorrow, regret

And this.....broken

Hea...rt.

1 comment:

J.B. said...

Wow! that was some good poetry. I have some I wrote on my blog...in between the odd post you will find them. I don't write enough to post as much poetry as you though. This one hit close to home. Me and my wife are stronger than ever now, but it hit home anyway. Some real good writing you have on here though! :) Take care,

-James