Tuesday, June 08, 2010

IF

If I was smarter, I would know how to tie up these loose ends.
If I was stronger, I would pull them tight.
If I cared less, it would be better,
If I was heartless, I wouldn't cry at night.

If I were older, I would have gone through this,
I would be finished, I would have grown already.
If I were wiser, I'd know to rip the bandaid off,
Instead of pulling slowly, hoping it'll hurt less.


Wisdom said to wait, wait; and I waited.
My heart said to try, try; and I tried...
The bandaid has to come off sometime,
Wet it down, rip it off, it's going to hurt-
Yes it'll hurt, but the pain will soon be over.

3 comments:

madhumakhi said...

Yeah, it does hurt to rip the bandaid off from the wounds of your mind. But for how long will we keep the wounds covered? The wounds will heal but they also have to be left open sometimes.
I like this poem immensely.

Hope said...

Where is your poetry blog, Madhumakhi? I hope you didn't hide it forever. I enjoyed your poetry and was looking forward to reading more of it. I, too am a busy student! :)

HOPE

madhumakhi said...

My blog isn't hidden now :)