Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sojourn

I’m so tired, walking through the sand,
Driving on, there’s little time for rest.
Looking back, I make deliberate steps,
My destination's distance is unknown.

I’ve been doused by torrential rains,
My skin scorched by the blazing heat,
Threatened by dangerous animals,
Still, I push on with determination.

No turning back from this journey of tears,
All other paths have been exhausted.
It is time, and I am now strong enough.
The sun sets on my thirst-derived mirage:

I dream of the lovely Weeping Willow,
I’ll finally lay down on the green grass,
Sheltered by the curtain of her branches,
She calls to me, Peace calls to me.

I will not deviate from my chosen path,
I must follow through to the end,
I must sojourn through the desolation,
To be purged and find peace with myself.

1 comment:

madhumakhi said...

I really like this line-
"To be purged and find peace with myself." It's beautiful.
I really like the subject of your poem too.