Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Warm air, white sand, like no place I've ever been.
Island life everywhere, musical in its very existance,
Blue sky, puffy clouds, soft grass- who could want more?
The only thing I'm missing, the only thing I'm longing for-
is w a t e r.
I can live here the rest of my life, right? RIGHT?
I can get around my neglected need for hydration...
Everything here is great, music and color everywhere,
Very little food but my mind keeps wandering back.

W A T E R.

I can go without though, this is such a beautiful place.
An ocean in front of me and not a drop to drink,
Execpt for the occasional rain- he says it's always been this way...
I wonder: If he's happy this way, can I be?
WAAAATER.
My dreams are filled with running streams, lakes, fountains.
I wake feeling guilty as if I don't appreciate all that I have.
This is the life- but without that one need met- is it?
Do I wait, hoping for a monsoon, holding my toungue to the sky?
Or do I sail to a place that is not so beautiful- but not so dry?

Sigh. Water. My mind is soaked, my longing is dry... Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We always long for that something just out of our reach. I can 'hear' the waaaater trickling a I read her.
One small pet peeve 'fountain' typo hey? I do it all the time *sigh* Beautiful, you.