Sunday, April 27, 2008

Freedom in Friendship...

Take me as I am; this is just me.

And be as you are- please, be free.

I'd rather have you; quality and faults

What's good, what's not- I want it all.



What I don't want is to hide anything

I don't want the lies that hiding brings.

I want it all now, right up front

No sugar coating, please be blunt.



This is me; what you see's what you get.

I'll be open because I refuse to fret-

What will she say, what will he think-

It's all a waste of my sweet energy.



This is me; the good and the bad.

Be my friend anyway, I'll be glad,

Let me go, that's okay too-

I'll afford the same respect to you.



Be as you are when we hang out,

I promise not to judge or doubt.

We are who we are- right or wrong,

Being free makes our friendship strong.

1 comment:

beardysanchez said...

This i a lovely balanced poem

Tone has changed too!!

I am pleased