Friday, October 20, 2006

Tunnel

Will I ever see the light at the end of the tunnel?
All I see now is the darkest dark.
The candle light is swallowed by the darkness-
Just a flame, nothing is illuminated by it.
I have forgotten what my own hands look like,
I wonder if I am in a tunnel or really a cave.

I'll keep moving along, hoping for the faintest light
The faintest clue that I am somewhere near
Close to getting out of this dark dark darkness
and back to where the sun shines and the rain falls.

Back to where warmth and cold are felt to the full,
Back to where colors and scents flourish,
Back to where the night and day are separate-
Back to where there are faces of many kinds,
Back to life- where I truly belong.

I'll keep travelling, guided only by hope and faith,
And wondering if I am progressing to the light
Of the tunnel's end or the dark bottom of the cave.
Only time will tell. Does time pass in the dark?

No comments: