Monday, September 18, 2006

Entangled

How was I to know? How was I to see?
I was flying along, and the web entangled me.
Oh some tried to warn me, but I didn't catch
That I would be the hungry spider's next batch.
I was young, and the alternative looked so bad,
Not realizing the wrong of the situation I had.
It's not the spider's fault, he needed the love,
So he set his trap between the branches above,
I flew right into it, and decided to stay...
Now so stuck, tied up, all I can do is pray.
God get me out of this entangled mess!
I'm desparately tired of struggling and need rest.
Help the spider's heart not to break and haste-
Oh give him someone else to satisfy his tastes.
I sure tried though I knew it was wrong,
I was a parentless teen, trying to fly along...
Little did I know this would take my whole life,
Dispite 20 years difference, I became the spider's wife...
I pretended to be a spider for all these years,
Trapped in his web, taking abuse, stuffing tears...
Just now I realize that Whoa, A spider, I am not.
I am a butterfly, and at life, I want another shot.
Let me go, let me fly away from here, let me go.
I want to be free to explore the woods and the meadow.
I want to fly like you always knew I could,
If you would only let me go, then fly I would...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree

Anonymous said...

I truly absolutely love this one. So honest and eloquent. Brava