Friday, December 23, 2005

When do you know?

When do you know if it's time to stay or go?
When does it become final that these things must end?
He tears me down and burns me up-
Then treats me nice again.

So when it's bad, it's really bad,
But it's so nice when it's good.
Should have been years ago, how would I know?
I have never understood-
That all of this was so wrong, should have listened to my friends
Who said to let go, let go! But I did't want to see it end.
Now I'm so cold and broke, I've given all- it's gone.
Everything's fine though, all is well-
Let's play pretend and continue on.
When it gets overwhelming, he'll spout again...
I know he will, it happens too often
From the start he has done this
and it's just now I have the respect for myself to realize that it is wrong.

SO this is my song:
How do you know, how do you confirm
When it's the end and when to stand firm?
When do you know if it's better or worse?
When will it turn to blessing from curse?
I don't know. I don't know when
To give up or dive in, try more or throw the towel in...
I am exausted, there's more to life than this.
And it's almost time to quit. Not yet, but it's almost time to quit.

No comments: