Thursday, December 15, 2005

Time for a change

I'm used to being helpless, I'm used to being poor.
But I have changed and I don't want it that way any more.
I don't want to be opressed, I don't want to wear these chains!
Was I weak willed or submissive? It's just time for a change.
Sitting here in an open prison, going through the motions.
The doors no longer need to lock- to escape is not a notion.
Something deep inside woke up, something in me stirs,
Telling me that I don't have to live under this curse.
Poor in spirit, I have been; I grow stronger day by day
Help me, Lord, to honor You and walk within Your way.
Help me to seek Your way and not go off on my own,
Please, Lord, give me strength for this and make Your will known,
oh please make Your will known.
Help me to choose Your ways- so much higher than my own.
Oh please make Your will known.

No comments: