Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Storm

The waves crash onto the shore, eating away the land,

The tide high in the storm, ever decreasing sand,
The wind whips to and fro, the birds tumble in the air,
My home is by the shore, but the ocean doesn’t care.

My heart tries to beat within the tightness of my chest,
My face full of heat, my eyes tired for lack of rest,
The tears boil up, waging battle with my will,
I try to hold them back, but a few escape still.

Is this a spring zephyr, one that will come and go?
Or is it the Never, pounding doubt upon my soul?
Should I ignore the wind, or should I run and hide?
Is there shelter here within, against this rising tide?

Hope peaks through the clouds, then doused by the rain.
Hope, come back around, so Strength can rule again.
Oh tears will make it worse; no need to add to the storm,
My fears- my personal curse; keep me from getting warm.

No comments: