Friday, May 11, 2012

How do you continue to feed the mouth that bites?
How do you love in the face of hate?
How do you continue against exhaustion?
How do you soothe the one inflicting such pain?

I can't give up, I won't give up, though it's so tempting.
I won't give up, I refuse to give in, I'm hanging by a thread...
Oh it hurts, it hurts so bad, my hands slip with my tears,
Oh the tears roll down my face but I HAVE RESOLVE 

I will hold on while they kick me,  again and again.
I won't defend, Oh God help me hold on!!  I won't let go,
I can't I can't I can't let go like generations before,
The promise of ease looms over me and I want to lash out,

Return the kicks, viscously bite back, Oh what do I feel?
Intense love, mixed with pain, love binds me in place,
As my heart is ripped out of my chest with a rusty knife.



I tried to take care, at the bottom of the sea,
I had to find air, it was killing me,
My heart is ripped out of my chest,
with a knife that is full of rust, no rest.

I tried but how do you love in the face of hate?
How do you feed the mouth that bites?
Over and over, Begging for affirmation and love?

They BITE. They lash out in their own pain.
They hurt and tear in effort to ease the burn
Oh God help me I am trying to hope.

No comments: