Thursday, April 15, 2010

We each had a knitting needle, mine on the left, and yours on the right.
We started knitting our lives together, rhythmically working…
We each knitted in our personal desires, feelings, and goals,
A colorful arrangement: some cool, some warm, some hot…

Each of us adding in parts of ourselves; our own styles and flair,
Then we lost our rhythm and started working at opposing speeds.
The relationship we were knitting became skewed, crooked.
We sought help to correct it, but fast, slow, slow, fast…

Pushing and pulling, our work of art became a tangled mess.
It was time to cut our way out of it, and learn from our mistakes.
For one, our desires of silk and wool don't knit together well.
Two, we have other works to accomplish before we can knit again.

Sadly, I look around and begin cleaning up the mess.

1 comment:

madhumakhi said...

I love this poem. I really like the way you have described human relationships. I'm Madhu and I'm an active blogger. I want to form a group of people who write poems. Would you like to join me?