Friday, January 29, 2010

Wolf Moon

I went out and turned circles, scanning the sky.
Yes indeed, indeed it is a dark lonely night.
I looked for the moon and Mars next to it,
But I saw nothing in the sky, nothing lit.

Oh the moon, ever there, ever changing too.
Sometimes full sometimes not; like me and you.
I'm still scanning, love, looking for a hint of light,
It's supposed to be big, but there's no moon in sight.

I am so tired from it controlling my tides,
Such ups and downs, too wild of a ride.
Maybe the moon is better all hidden in the dark,
Instead of lighting the way for lovers in the park.

I looked, my love, I looked so earnestly,
Hoping for the hope and the light I didn't see.
Our passion is strong, bright behind the clouds,
Behind the pain and the rain and all these doubts.

No comments: