Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Spellbound

When you found the courtyard, I felt the wind kick up and my spirit whirled like fall leaves…
You entered the garden right through the gate as if you’ve always belonged there.
You followed the path, enjoying the fragrance of the flowers and the shade of the Willows…
Noticing that everything looked a little wilted and dry, you felt your own thirst building.

You circled around and stopped to sample some of the fruit that was ripe and ready.
You continued across the arching bridge, and then were overwhelmingly compelled-
You ran across the cobblestone and dove deep into the fountain, all the way down.
You came up and finally saw me, encapsulated in stone, waiting for freedom.

You circle around me, wondering what artist could have made such a compelling piece.
My bare feet are poised one in front of the other, ready to step off of this pedestal.
My arms reach up and out, my hands open. The expression on my face is longing and hope.
Perplexed, you trace your wet hand down my shoulder, and place it on my heart.

You’re astonished to discover that my heart is beating as the stone melts under the water.
You reach back to the fountain and collect more water, then pour it over my face.
The fire in my eyes is intense as I watch you continue to wash the stone off of my body.
You help me down to the fountain and wash me in the water till I'm renewed- I’m free.

Free to move, free to speak, free to love, free to live. We smile as our gaze meets.
The fountain is constantly running now. Water overflows into the brook, hydrating all.
We walk through the magic garden and find a resting place among the willow trees.
Freed from the stone- free, but I"m spellbound again- I'm happily captivated by you.

1 comment:

beardysanchez said...

Bravo!!

I was in the garden with you both. A lovely image in my head

Happy captivation and garden cultivation!