Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dibs!

"Dibs" he says as he smiles adoringly...
We walk together and he hugs and kisses me,
He lets me know I'm his everything-
But can I handle wearing this ring?

A thing of beauty, meaning and worth,
More than any object I've had since birth,
And as I look down at it's shiny twinkling,
Do I want to make another man my king?

Is this really what I want for my life?
To again be someone's submitting wife?
To this man, I am his everything,
But can I handle wearing this ring?

When we're together, he puts a spell on me,
I lay in his arms so happily...
But will he turn controlling and mean?
Can I really handle wearing this ring???

I feel the slow isolation coming on,
Many activities I loved to do- gone...
His light persuasion and of my own will-
My feet are cold and grow colder still.

Oh indecision.

No comments: