Monday, April 03, 2006

Suspended

It's cold under water, everything's blue
I can't breathe, don't know what to do,
I can kick with my feet, I can hold my head high
But I can't breathe and I think I might die.
What happened to the land where we spent the days?
Where is the love and the warm sun rays?
Where did it all go and how'd I get here?
I'm dying, or I might be dead already, I fear.
Because I'm under water, and I can't breathe!
In this sadness, hurt and anger I seethe.
All this water here is from my tears,
built up and collected over all these years...
Will I live or die, does the end draw neigh?
I don't know. This is where I'm suspended.
Suspended in pure uncertainty.
He asks if I need him to leave me.
I clutch him, "No, don't go",
I realize I still care as my tears start to flow.
Now they won't stop, and I cannot sleep
I cannot tread the water this deep...
Panic overtakes me with the white wash waves
Passion ran away with the love I crave...
Passion and love, please return to me,
Come save me from this raging sea
Rocks and wind and driving rain
Make me wonder if I've gone insane...
Perhaps I shall fly away like a bird,
Or be rooted deep down like an anchor...
I don't know... I don't know... this is all I know...
honestly, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW, the answer is too scary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just fuckin amazing...I feel that